Historic Leaflet

gladstone-park-2

$5.00 +$1.40 postage

Peter Reynolds

Gladstone Park – The Pigeon Ground

Beneath Gladstone Park lies the old Balmain reservoir. Before the Park was thought of, the place was known as the Pigeon Ground. In earlier days pigeon shooting took place on land opposite the Town Hall. Later the principal pigeon matches were “shot off” on land owned by the a’Beckett family since 1853 – now known as Gladstone park.

This revised booklet details the history of the development of the park, its use as an underground water reservoir, and the resident action to maintain and improve facilities such as the bandstand, bowling club and school.

Soft Cover, 16 pages, revised 2022

Order Form